Acne is the most common skin condition affecting individuals. It is known as a teen disease since more teens are affected than adults, although anyone of any age can suffer from the breakouts and blemishes known as acne. For most people, acne is treatable using OTC treatments. However, some people will find out that a dermatologist is needed to help them rid their skin of pimples and breakouts. Most People with severe acne need services provided by dermatology denver to rid the condition.
Acne is cause by an overproduction of sebum, the oil found in the skin. When the sebum begins overproducing, it becomes trapped in the pores. When it cannot escape it becomes inflamed and a breakout occurs. Some people are more likely to develop acne than others and there are a few things that you can do that increases the risks of developing the condition. To reduce the risk of getting acne, keep these tips in mind:
· Do not touch your face! It is tempting to touch your face but this only transfers dirt from your fingers to the face.
· Watch the foods that you eat. Although foods are not directly responsible for acne, if your body doesn’t get the adequate nutrition that it needs, a breakout is likely.
· Do not pop pimples. It is hard not to pop the pimples when you see them but doing this only worsens the condition.
· Wash your face twice per day. Use a non-allergenic face wash made specifically to treat acne for best results. Wash your face in the morning and again at night before you head to bed.
· Go to the dermatologist if you do not see any benefits after six weeks of using an acne treatment product or immediately if you have severe acne or cystic acne.